My Open Source (not officially so yet) License

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Wed May 6 11:41:52 MST 2009

> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 12:53 AM, Andrew "Tuna" Harris wrote:
>> - Nobody with the company that produces the proprietary software
>> may say the word "plinth" out in public.

This would also be interesting.  But would it be enforceable?  ISTR
that there are plenty of problems with unenforceable contracts, and
a judge who didn't like you or hadn't been paid off might use that as
a means to declare the license invalid.  Then again, IANAL.

From: Alex Dean <alex at crackpot.org>
> "It is alleged that, on April 1 2015, Defendant did knowingly and with
> malice aforethought duplicate software programs and code licensed by
> Plaintiff, and did expressly failed to comply with Subsection 3.2.15
> (Chicken Dance), commonly referred to as the 'Dancing Clause'.
> Plaintiff seeks relief in the immediate performance of said Dance by
> Defendant."

Then it'd be available in the public record.  Neat.  I wonder how much
silliness would happen if, say, the next release of libtiff was only
available under the Chicken Dance License.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows