My Open Source (not officially so yet) License

Andrew "Tuna" Harris tuna at supertunaman.com
Wed May 6 00:53:12 MST 2009

Helloes.

I am working on an open source license of my very own. Basically, I
think IP is just ridiculous (inb4 flameware. No. NO. NO!), so I'm
creating a license that is less restrictive than the GPL (you don't HAVE
to redistribute full source code), but provides me with more lulz than
the BSD license. I like the BSD license, in an egocentric world it's
one of the few things that makes sense. Unfortunately, it doesn't spit
back at people like I sometimes wish it did.

So, I added a clause to the BSD license, and the result is the Chicken
Dance License! Info and the license text are available here:
http://bit.ly/DOnV9

For those of you who are afraid of compressed URLs or behind a corporate
firewall, my license pretty much has the following conditions for
proprietary stuff:

- For every thousand units sold, half or more of the employees must
	listen to the Chicken Dance
- For every million, two employees have to perform the chicken dance,
	and a video of it (encoded in OGG Theora format) must be
	submitted to the author of the CDL-license software
- Nobody with the company that produces the proprietary software may say
	the word "plinth" out in public.

For non-proprietary stuff, it's just the BSD license.

Does it match up with the Open Source Definition? As far as I can tell,
it seems to. I'm not asking for money or power, just a little dance.

Thoughts? I'm all ears. Just no flamewars plz kthx.