data recovery

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon May 4 23:41:27 MST 2009

Am 05. Mai, 2009 schwätzte jordi laforge so:

moin moin,

> Can anyone sugest a decent app to undelete files on a Windows partition?
> Hopefully one that is included on a livecd.

Dennis usually rescues system rescue CD.

I think there's a Live CD specifically for hitting windows stuff.

A package search led me to magic rescue. The online manpage has some other
references at the bottom and recommend the Sleuth Kit. SK is based on the
Coroner's Toolkit from Dan Farmer and Wietse Venema, so it's got a good
heritage :).

http://www.student.dtu.dk/~s042078/magicrescue/manpage.html

http://www.sleuthkit.org/sleuthkit/

ciao,