Linux in a Nutshell (O'Reilly book)

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon May 4 20:00:40 MST 2009

I agree and disagree.  I have a number of O'reilly books in my shelves.
Though I rarely look at one anymore and haven't bought any new editions, I
certainly had found them useful in the past.  I suspect there are people who
find them useful today especially where there may be newer editions.  I
personally think O'reilly deserves any kudos they get for having made books
useful to people and keeping pricing somewhat reasonable.

If there is any valid objection in my mind it may have more to do with the
quality of the survey or the reporting of it.  After all, the target
audience of the survey deserves to be described in order to interpret the
results.

I also wondered what connection Gerald had with the book so I dug out my
1997 copy and scanned the acknowledgements to no avail.  But then my copy
being 12 years old may explain that.

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry