HackFest Series: May Lab Cancelled

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Mon May 4 11:41:23 MST 2009

 We will be relocating the HackFest at the Foundation for Blind Children
(Map below) in June.

This will provide a regular room,with regular network, and systems we can
setup as a test lab for whatever purpose we are evaluating.  Hopefully we
can do some exciting work, demonstrate and test vulnerabilities as they are
reported (or before) and evaluate security distros for Linux on a safe
network.

Our first three or so sessions will be build sessions to get the test
network (assistive technology) setup with available systems.  The nice part
about this is that it's persistent (it's not going to have to torn down and
redone later).

It's expected that we will easily be able to demonstrate any security
exploit available easily.  People will be able to safely use thier equipment
with limited risk.

<joke> It's tempting to rename to "Blind Penguin HackFest" since someone
inevitably attempts ettercap-ing us all, and it's often a matter of the bind
leading the bind?  </joke> *See* you all there!

Hackfest - Security Lab <http://plug.phoenix.az.us/node/656>

Start: 12:00
End: 15:00

The Hackfest is a 3 hour security lab from Noon to 15:00 on the second
Saturday of every month. Come prepared to learn about a security tool and
then start using it. Ethical and legal, as well as liability aspects of
testing are covered as well investigate the strange world of computer
insecurity.

Don't learn to hack; hack to learn.

Network and other facilities generously provided by the Foundation for Blind
Children.
http://www.seeitourway.org/contactUs.html

Plan on being able to use live CDs. You can also bring your laptop if you
have one, however a complete network and diskless servers will be available
for PLUG BackTrack or Samari LiveCD use at the Foundation each month.

There is an open call for presentations and participants. Take the black
pill and leave forever the Security Matrix; HackFest with PLUG!

Contact lisakachold at obnosis.com for specific information or questions

http://plug.phoenix.az.us/event/2009/06/13/day

--
www.obnosis.com (503)754-4452