Fedora 10

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Mon May 4 08:42:56 MST 2009

This is interesting, in ubuntu 8.04/8.10 and 9.04 the fglrx driver
works fine, only issues i am  running into is 3d windows games under
wine. all the Linux native stuff runs like a champ.

I know in 8.04 and 8.10 i had to run the driver from ATI's site
instead of a repo built driver, but in 9.04 they seem to have fixed
that.

Maybe install on an old drive and dissect why it works?

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Daniel Stasinski <mooooooo at avenues.org> wrote:
>> but ATI is contributing a lot of stuff towards free
>> drivers and I suspect at this point, you probably
>> would want to use rpmfusion.org repository and
>> install kmod-fglrx at which point, you would be
>> running the ATI proprietary driver
>
> Unfortunately, fglrx causes my system to hard crash within a few
> minutes.  The Radeon drivers seem to work as long as I disable
> Composite but this eliminates my ability to run TVTime.   Very
> frustrating since this is the first time I've personally experienced
> hardware compatibility going away instead of coming in.
>
> Daniel

Stephen