OT: "enhanced interrogation" (was: Re: HackFest Series: TrueCrypt is Now Detectable)

Mike Schwartz mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com
Fri May 1 13:52:05 MST 2009

Oh, so *** that's *** what the phrase "rubber hose decryption" means;
in some previous post (probably recently - in the parent thread?) that
phrase was used but I thought maybe it was some FOSS tool that I was not
familiar with.

...sorta timely, since there is all kinds of ruckus going on in the main
stream media nowadays (as well as on blogs, etc., too, I guess)
about the "hot topic" of whether "enhanced interrogation methods" should be
allowable.  Dennis Prager (on the radio today) said [something along the
lines of] that, if thousands of people are made to suffer, partly due to NOT
using "enhanced interrogation methods" ((when their use would have allowed
getting info to prevent some terrorist attack e.g.)), then we should regard
the resulting suffering of innocent victims, as an instance (or,
many instances!) of torture, -- and we should probably make our decisions
with that [possibility] in mind.  I think he also implied that, sometimes
when there is a terrorist in custody, they do not have any pretense of "NOT"
intending to hurt innocent civilians.

very interesting ...
--
Mike Schwartz