decent non-embeded firewall (my worthless 2 cents)

Paul Mooring drpppr242 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:01:35 MST 2009

OpenSuse has a limited gui in YaST for SuSE firewall that is essentially
a frontend for iptables, it seemed fairly easy to use when I last played
with it but I didn't care for the ruleset it generated, it seemed to be
way too much, and made it nearly impossible to edit the rules manually
through iptables.  Other than that if you want to do the iptables rules
by hand I really strongly recomend gentoo, it leaves out all the extra
packages like LFS, you can throught the hardened use flag on revelent
packages, and '/etc/init.d/iptables save' and the seems easier/cleaner
than maintaining a custom script to me.