decent non-embeded firewall (my worthless 2 cents)

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Tue Mar 31 03:59:26 MST 2009

>> allowing me to keep the box hooked up for its "tv" centric features.
DON'T!!!

A firewall, is a firewall and is a firewall.
In my perpetually delusional state of paranoia, I don't allow ANYTHING not
indispensable on my firewall.
And even though, I look for ways to eradicate...

My firewalls run in LFS with ONLY what is essentially needed for the job.

I even tried once "Debian from Scratch" and could not digest the amount of
junk they insisted on putting in.

my mantra:
DO NOT USE YOUR FIREWALL FOR ANYTHING ELSE BUT THE FIREWALL.
YMMV
Enrique.

PS: The fact that I am paranoid doesn't mean that they are not after me...