starting by iptable deny all of china is a good start. - Re: OT? Linux-based trojans now targeting WRT and other linux-based routers

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Mar 30 09:00:33 MST 2009

I'm gonna ignore most of the implications of this and just say one thing
that you're apparently not considering...

Once you implement a methodology, you then become committed to
maintaining the implementation and ip address ranges change, people go
to China for visiting, other people might have to troubleshoot your
implementations, etc. I try hard not to solve symptoms by implementing
narrowly targeted solutions but rather focus on the larger problems. I
see a lot of smtp thuggery coming from eastern Europe and South America,
not just China. Postfix does a really good job of bandwidth and pipeline
limiting.

Craig