Server Logs

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 27 17:51:00 MST 2009

Thanks for all the pointers!

This is a simple setup.  One store on one server and an informational site and a small store on the other.  The third is for backups and fail over.

While I have been messing with Linux for over 10 years I feel I'm not quite there when it comes to "managing" a server.  These are actually managed servers however I have to do stuff like add or remove users... once in a while configure a virtual host....  Lately I've been asked questions about why the server is slower than other times and if there is anything going on out of the ordinary.

I've looked through the HTTPD logs and I think it was /var/log/messages and something else that I do not now recall.  Beyond that I'm not sure what else I would do.

I do appreciate everyones help!!

Keith Smith