Help newbie please?

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Fri Mar 27 05:18:16 MST 2009

Hello Mike:

You have an X problem.
Your X is missconfigured and it will not start.
Your message is brief and I am guessing, but you can validate my statement
by looking at your computer booting:
if you see the screen "flashing" several times, that means that X is
unsuccessfully trying to start until it gives up.

Look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log

If that's the case you have to reconfigure X.
What you need is the Red Hat equivalent of:
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

I dug it out a few days ago but I don't recall what I did with it.
If you can't "dogpile it out" (dogpile.com), send me a private message and
I'll post it to the list.

The other possibility is that you just screwed up the installation.
In that case, you are better off reinstalling.
And if you reinstall, you may as well ditch Mandriva and go for Kubuntu...
:)
Enrique