How to recover X display? v.1.1

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Wed Mar 25 08:57:17 MST 2009

From: Josef Lowder <joe at actionline.com>
> PCL 2009 doesn't work (live locks up on 3 different computers).
> So, I'll just have to reinstall 2007.

You know what all this is saying to me?  "PCLinuxOS is buggy.  Don't
use it."  Having a virtualbox install hose X, having LiveCDs lock
up on multiple machines, and so forth are things that I just would
not put up with.  Life's too short, you know?

If you are worried about your /home , the thing to do is to take
that USB drive, plug it in, mount it, then "tar czf /mnt/usb/
backup.tar.gz /home" , so even if your reinstall eats your /home,
you have a backup of everything on that USB drive and can get it
retrieved with minimal fuss.  Just make sure there's enough space
on the USB drive and it should work fine.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows