How to recover X display? v.1.1

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Tue Mar 24 13:02:50 MST 2009

On 3/24/09, Lisa Kachold <lisakachold at obnosis.com> wrote:
> Post installation of Virtualbox, your Xorg logs say what?

www.upquick.com/view/Xorg.0.log

   42660 Apr 14  2007 Xorg.1.log.old
   45158 Mar 19  2008 Xorg.1.log
   14929 Mar 22 23:28 Xorg.9.log
   14294 Mar 23 10:35 Xorg.0.log.old
   14493 Mar 23 10:36 Xorg.0.log

I also copied this file:   2974 Apr  6  2007 xorg.conf
It can be viewed at this link:
www.upquick.com/view/xorg.conf

> First try this:
> # sudo Xconfigurator
> You can try to configure your monitor and video card for X via this utility.
> Might work, it's worth a try...[but not highly probable].

I can't find 'Xconfigurator' on the system, don't think I have it.

> 2) Update/upgrade your system, although this might have been what caused it.
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get upgrade
> # sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Wish I could, but I don't know how to get an internet connection
with only command line access.

-----------------------------------
Here are some other files that I copied from the laptop,
(thanks to Matt's explanation of how to get the USB flash stick mounted)
Have not yet uploaded any of these to a web page, but could if they might help.

    1408 Mar 21 13:53 vbox-install.log
    7073 Mar 22 04:02 warnings.1.gz
   22570 Mar 22 04:02 info.1.gz
     790 Mar 22 04:02 errors.1.gz