Cross-platform virtual meetings

Joe lists at joefleming.net
Mon Mar 23 13:09:57 MST 2009

Adobe's Connect Pro is CRAZY expensive, so we're not likely to use it.

Using icecast is an interesting idea. I wasn't aware that icecast
handled video, it's been a while since I've played with it. I'm not sure
how easy it would be for our marketing dept. to set up though.

Coccinella looks pretty cool, but we need something that does more than
a whiteboard. The idea was to use this both for internal conferences
(they're in Chicago, so I need an easy way to demo things with them) and
for external sales efforts (seminars and presentations to clients around
the world). Openmeetings looks like it has both voice and screencast
modules. The only downfall being that the client has to install the
application, but it may not be that big of a deal.

Thanks for the feedback. Openmeetings looks really cool, assuming it
works well.

-Joe