How to disable multiple versions of 'procps'

nrezinorn nrezinorn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:54:14 MST 2009

What distribution is this?  Fedora?
If there are multiple packages installed via a manager (lets say
yum),try running this command:

> rpm -qa |grep procps

If you get more than one result, you should be able to  rpm -e the
full rpm name you don't want/need.  I find it stranger than an RPM
distro is "slotting" packages with the same name....but i guess you
can do that from what you stated above.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/fedora-35/multiple-versions-of-packages-installed-160259/#post829725
 seems to be the same question.  Hope this helps!

-Jim

On 3/20/09, Josef Lowder <joe at actionline.com> wrote:
> Synaptic just did an hours worth of updates on one of my systems,
> ending with the warning message shown below.  So some questions:
>
> #1. How could I have ended up with multiple versions of 'procps'?
> #2. How do I find and eliminate any extra multiple versions?
> #3. The warning describes setting one of two options in a configuration
> file,
>    but it does not indicate which configuration file or where to find it. ??
> #4. I tried typing "RPM::Allow ..." at the command line, and got "not found"
> ??
> #5. So what should I do?
>
> The warning message:
>
> W: There are multiple versions of "procps" in your system.
> This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
> only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
> you may remove that warning by setting the following
> option in your configuration file:
> RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^procps$"; };
>
> To disable these warnings completely set:
> RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

"All memory of your existence will be wiped from reality. You will
die, and no one will mourn."