OT: Fwd: Windows security humor

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Mar 20 08:45:28 MST 2009

When asked about the NSA role in co-developing Windows security (which include encryption key backdoors and various information caching), "I kind of call it a Good Housekeeping seal. Microsoft also wants to make the case that [the new Windows] more secure than its earlier versions," Michael Cherry, a former Windows program manager who now analyzes the productfor Directions on Microsoft a firm that tracks the software maker bragged.

PC Tools Firewall advanced tools allows you some control over how Firefox controls low level processes (a SELinux or wrapper of sorts):
http://www.pctools.com/

Obnosis | (503)754-4452
PLUG Linux Security Labs 2nd Saturday Each Month at Noon - 3PM

> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:02:56 -0700
> Subject: OT: Fwd: Windows security humor
> From: joe at actionline.com
> To: plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
>
> > Securing an environment of Windows platforms from abuse -
> > external or internal - is akin to trying to install sprinklers in a
> > fireworks factory where smoking on the job is permitted.

Laugh at this MSN Footer!