Kernel Panic

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Thu Mar 19 22:04:45 MST 2009

Well,

Your assumption is correct in that you probably setup the wrong device.

It's probable that your installation chose the other disk (hdb).  Did you use expert installation?

You can look at which disk has what by booting into recovery mode on the CD.
If you have a live DVD, you can get a shell and see this also.

http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Installation_Guide-en-US/ch-rescuemode.html

1) mount each disk and see what's on it
#dmesg |more
[man mount]
# mount -t ext2 /media/somedir
#df -k /media/somedir
2) determine which one was actually installed with grub
#find / -name grub.conf
3) Check LVM
#vgscan

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90681/vgscan.1M.html

Obnosis | (503)754-4452

PLUG Linux Security Labs 2nd Saturday Each Month at Noon - 3PM