Looking For Advice on Web Cams and Streaming Video

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Thu Mar 19 11:12:13 MST 2009

Charles,

Thanks for the info about ustream.tv.

You are right, my challenge is getting a fast connection to the Internet.
Delayed streaming is one option, but it would be cool to find a way to
stream it live. I also don't think my laptop has enough hard drive space for
a complete game. Our game last week went 13 innings.......almost a double
header!

What are options for getting an Internet connection to stream the video? How
much bandwidth do I need to stream video?

What is a good source for inexpensive web cams? Are there any issues with
getting them to run with Linux?

Thanks!