WRT54G questions

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 07:54:02 MST 2009

My recollection (frequently poor) is that the version number is te important
part as Linksys went to a cost saving reduced memory size in version 5  and
that is why it became so lame.  The upsurge of people wanting to flash other
firmware caused the release of the GL model with I believe is nothing more
than a version 4 relabelled to not imply a regression.

But I could be wrong :)

Larry

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Ryan Rix <phrkonaleash at gmail.com> wrote:

> MOst G models I have seen users with are version 5. These seem to be
> difficult to do anything with ; they can't run firmwares like tomato, just
> the light version of dd-wrt.
>
> I'm stuck with  a G.
>
> This is all iirc.
>

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 7:30 AM, Eric Shubert <ejs at shubes.net> wrote:
>
>> I know that there is a WRT54GL model as well. Is the WRT54G capable of
>> running various WRT firmwares like the GL model?
>>
>> Also, there a slew of different WRT54G versions (hardware). How
>> significant are the variations is versions WRT (with respect to) free
>> firmware replacements?
>>
>> --
>> -Eric 'shubes'

> Thanks and best regards,
> Ryan Rix
> TamsPalm - The PalmOS Blog
> (623)-239-1103 <-- Grand Central, baby!
>
> Jasmine Bowden - Class of 2009, Marc Rasmussen - Class of 2008, Erica
> Sheffey - Class of 2009, Rest in peace.

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry