which sound card?

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Fri Mar 13 09:57:24 MST 2009

wayne wrote:
> I have run into a issue with my Kubuntu System configuration.
>
> I play a game called Urban Terror - online.
> I also need to run TEAMSPEAK, a  2-way comm app that works like a party
> line.
>
> If I start TS first, i cannot hear the game sounds
> If I start the game first, I cannot leave its window to start TS
>
> I cannot run both at the same time and i need to.
>
> What card should  use?  Looking for the most INEXPENSIVE

I know there are folks here who know a lot more about sound on Linux
than I do. As I understand it though, I think you need to be looking for
a software solution more so than hardware.

There are a couple different sound software packages usable by Linux (I
can't tell you what they are, but I'm sure others here can). I think you
need to find (the?) one that both applications can be configured to use,
and can be shared. There might not be one, in which case no hardware
will work.

I'm sure someone will contribute more details to this thread. That's
just my (simple) understanding of the situation.

--
-Eric 'shubes'