Ubuntu Live CD Question

Bob Elzer bob.elzer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 21:56:09 MST 2009

While the USB drive is connected, go into your BIOS and check you boot from
settings.

If your system is not that old, you may be able to boot from the USB.

The trick at least for mine, is that the USB needs to be connected first.

I looked for info about booting from usb on my system, but couldn't find
anything, even looking in the bios, as far as I could find out, it wasn't
capable.

It wasn't until a year later, that I had a usb drive connected, and I was
looking for something else in the bios, and I saw the option to boot from
usb.

There was nothing in the docs about it, so I had stopped looking.

  _____