anyone know of a good USB DVD writer that works well with ubuntu?

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Fri Mar 6 07:01:13 MST 2009

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 06:55:13 -0700
Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:

> First step, I would try the latest Jaunty alpha and see if that fixes
> it.  If it does, just wait a bit for that.  Right now Jaunty is
> sucking if you have an Intel video card but it looks to be a fixable
> issue.
>
> Worst case, a replacement DVD drive for a laptop is about $40.  To me,
> paying $40 in hardware to be able to NOT run Windows would be a small
> price to pay.
>
> Jim

well, I agree -- I only run windows for only 1 program. Its a ham program that
writes memories to my ham radio.

But I called Red7, and they told me "typically", you can't replace an internal
drive with anything but the same drive, so my only option is to get a USB
powered drive.

--
Happy Trails!
Jerry (K7AZJ)