anyone know of a good USB DVD writer that works well with ubuntu?

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Thu Mar 5 11:47:07 MST 2009

in my new notebook, my internal DVD drive is crap. It works fine in Winblows,
but not in ubuntu 8.10. Since the interal one works fine in windows, I don't
even need one that works in both platforms, just in linux.

I put a bug into the ubuntu forums many months ago, to no avail.
I got another mail from someone in Missouri, who bought the same exact laptop,
and has the same problem. So it looks like a lost cause.

I need a DVD reader/writer that will work in USB in ubuntu 8.10.
Everything else on my laptop works great.

Oh before you ask, I called RedSeven and they recommended this route because
they said typically, the only cd that will work is the one it came with -- damn!

So my question stands.

--
Happy Trails!
Jerry (K7AZJ)