Fedora 11 IcedTea/ javaws errors

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jun 26 08:18:24 MST 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 07:53 -0700, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Francis Earl<francis.earl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 15:19 -0700, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> >> with IcedTea and OpenJDK youre generally off the beaten path.
> >> prepare to do some bushwacking.  I would be interested to know if
> >> anyone had any major successes with it.
> >>
> >>  -jmz
> >
> > For me, it is fully functional, with the covet that I have to change a
> > setting in Yahoo Games applets... if you search bugzilla, there is a
> > BUNCH of work arounds.
>
>   Thats good to hear.  Im more interested to know if anyone has run
> any serious server-side 'enterprise' applications on it.  but, Thanks
> for the info!  -jmz
----
I think that would depend upon what one calls serious server-side
'enterprise' applications.

Out of the box, RHEL supports open-jdk and runs tomcat5 with it. It
seems easy enough to switch it to Sun's jdk.

They also have a deal with Sun and Sun's version of java is included on
the group of disks. I would suspect that someone who is running "serious
server-side 'enterprise' applications" is more likely to run a supported
OS with Sun's version of java because it is supported.

Craig

believed to be clean.