Fwd: Link to provide proxy portal to Iranians

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed Jun 24 11:06:16 MST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amin Gangji
<snip>

This software will turn your computer to a portal for those who are trying
to get around the Iranian govt censors.  This is how people are posting the
videos on youtube, bbc, etc.  This is also how people are getting their
daily news.  By getting more people to host this software, we are pushing
the censorship networks to work harder and play catchup.  However, there are
risks involved if you decide to download the software and provide a proxy.
Please read carefully, and don't offer any active business IP address for
this.  What may happen is that your IP address can and mostly likely will
eventually be blocked by IRAN.  Additionally if you don't monitor the
traffic you can get unscrupulous people to waste your bandwidth.  So protect
yourself if you provide this service.

But in the meantime you can help those who need it now.  I followed the
directions below and noticed several people accessing the bbc site.  I know
that *there are better softwares* out there, the Fallen gong are providing
one, the university of toronto has one, etc.  For me this was available and
did the job immediately.  If you have the time to do the research please add
more links and pass this email along.

http://vnboards.ign.com/ac_friends/b5258/111141501/r111143361/

Amin
*
We can do no great things; only small things with great love. Mother
Teresa <http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Mother_Teresa/> (1910 -
1997)
*

--