OT: ICANN and NRO

Chris Gehlker canyonrat at mac.com
Wed Jun 24 08:10:18 MST 2009

On Jun 24, 2009, at 5:31 AM, Lyle Tuttle wrote:

> Question:  Have you watched Fox News?  Listened to Rush Limbaugh?

It's interesting to google for 'average age of fox news viewer'. I've
checked out both enough to know that their principal product is
reassurance to their aging audience that the world hasn't changed that
much since they were middle aged.  Fox News also provides soft core
porn but the selection is better on the internet.

There is a market for what these people provide and just because I
don't need their product doesn't mean I begrudge it to those who find
it valuable. What I don't get is the obsession with Fox on the part of
the mainstream. It's not as if the dittoheads were actually persuaded
by Fox or Limbaugh. Their outlook ossified years ago.
--
It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost
our way.