OT: SOLVED: What Computer to Take to Coilege and Brand new iTouch for Sale

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Tue Jun 23 13:01:17 MST 2009

Security (it's a NIX after all):

1) Browser Javascript protection.  I.E. Firefox/NoScript

Apple - Downloads - Internet Utilities - Mozilla Firefox...
www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/.../mozillafirefox.html

NoScript :: Add-ons for Firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/722 - Cached - Similar -

2) Clamav - antivirus protection.

ClamXav
ClamXav is a free virus checker for Mac OS X. It uses the tried,
tested and very popular ClamAV open source antivirus engine as a back
end. ...
Download Page - OS X Trojan
www.clamxav.com/

3) VPN to your equipment (router/switch/Desktop OpenVPN) Tunnelblick

tunnelblick - Google Code
www.tunnelblick.net/ - Cached - Similar -

4) Configuration:

a) Setup her firewall to exclude all inbound and allow only 443,80 -
seriously.  Not kidding!

b) Setup her system to require she login, not auto login.

c) Optionally - encrypt her a Disk Image If you're hesitant about
encrypting your entire Home directory but need to safeguard a few
sensitive files, store them in an encrypted disk image instead. To
make one, launch Disk Utility (found in Applications: Utilities),
click on New Image, and then choose AES-128 from the Encryption
pull-down menu.

d) Add Tracking software =(theft is huge):
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/25253
Hey it costs $9.00 - get used it to (Mac is not Open Source (but still
"Open Sores").

http://j-walk.com/other/ossw/images/logo2.jpg

--
(503)754-4452