No root password in Ubuntu 9.04 after updating

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 08:03:10 MST 2009

On Tue 23 June 2009 7:58:27 am Clayton Stapleton wrote:

> $ sudo bash
> [sudo] password for clay:
> clay is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
>
> So how do I enter my name and password into "sudo" file with out a root
> password???

You have a borked install, it seems. You should ALWAYS be installed into that
file if you are the default user. i'd say use the command visudo, but since
you're not in sudo file, you can't xD

You can boot in recovery mode, mount the partition and add the following line
to /etc/sudoers
clay        ALL=(ALL)

which will give you full root access using sudo, under that account.