west side during the summer

Bob Elzer bob.elzer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:55:32 MST 2009

OK now I found the Right one.

It's free, but limited

The Glendale Public Library currently offers high speed wireless
connectivity at the Main Library, Foothills, and Velma Teague Branch
Libraries. All visitors may use the library 's network free of charge and no
special encryption settings are required; however, you must abide by the
library's Internet Use Policy to connect.

What can I access on the wireless network? Users of the Glendale Public
Libraries' wireless network are limited to internet access (http/https),
which requires an internet browser to be installed on your device. To ensure
security for both wireless users and for the library's network, the
following popular technologies and protocols are NOT supported:

    FTP/TFTP (for file transfers)
    POP3/IMAP email clients (Outlook, for example)
    VPN (for remote network access)
    Telnet/SSH (remote client access/file transfer)

http://www.glendaleaz.com/library/Wireless_FAQs.cfm