first ABLEconf mtg tonight

David Munson david.munson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 19:52:08 MST 2009

Freenode's a IRC network... do you have an IRC client? If not, firefox has
an addon one called ChatZilla that works well enough. There's also xchat and
a few others. I've been on IRC nearly every day for the last 6 or 7 years...

Basically, you want to install and run an IRC client, then once you've got
it running, there'll be a text entry box somewhere, usually at the bottom of
the screen. type in

/server irc.freenode.net

and then hit Enter... wait a bit, it should tell you you're online, then
type

/join #ableconf

and hit Enter again, and it should pop you into the channel for the meeting.

If you don't want to install one, this should work well:
http://www.mibbit.com/
Mibbit is ajax-based. If you've any questions, I'm here... or on IRC. :D