wiki features

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Jun 15 16:05:25 MST 2009

moin moin,

we've got the thread about which wiki, but first we need to know what wiki
capabilities to look at.

The one we're using allows exporting the pages to ODF, which can then be
used to generate PDF. This has been great for genertating partner and
customer data.

. unlimited revisioning
. export to ODF, PDF, etc.
. reuse of data
. ACLs
. ACLs on attachments
. import from ODF
. auto-build TOC, but be able to turn it off
. WYSIWYG for tables
. RSS feeds
. being able to add images
. themes and skins
. configurable export to ODF, PDF, etc.

http://www.wikimatrix.org/

I don't know what a third of the things listed are. This illustrates why
it's good to ask about wiki features. I don't know what's possible at this
point, so it's good to first see what features might be important for my
users, then look at which wikis support those features.

Import from ODF probably requires the ODF creator ( OOo, Koffice, etc. )
to realize it's creating a doc for a wiki.

It would be nice to be able to reuse data. For instance, personal pages
have listings of favorite songs. Then we have another page that imports
all those individual lists and does some sort of manipulation.

By 'configurable export' I mean that the wiki allows defining/changing the
export template to meet local requirements. Perhaps, for instance, we
always want the highest level header to be bright purple when the doc gets
exported.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "so now the US army is sacrificing goats" -- Alice Cooper, 15Sep2004