sortof OT: wiki software

Jason Hayes jason at jasonhayes.org
Mon Jun 15 09:15:12 MST 2009

I know that this  may be a Chevy vs. Ford, or which distro is the best distro
kind of question, but I need to find a solid, easy to use wiki setup for people
who may or may not be terribly tech-savvy.

I will set it up (so that doesn't need to be part of the weighting), but I
need to figure out which software will suit a group who is trying to set up a
site with information that will help vest and educate new hires in our
industry.

Our budget is $0 (so I have to use OSS) and I am most comfortable working in a
PHP/mySQL environment, so I have tentatively settled on two, MediaWiki and
Moin Moin wiki

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinWiki

Anyone out there have any experience with one or both of these. Anyone have
another suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
--
Jason Hayes