Htmlunit anyone?

Mike Schwartz mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 01:34:32 MST 2009

some lurkers might be reading it in the "archives" on the web -- e.g.,
they might
be reading it at

http://lists.plug.phoenix.az.us/lurker/message/20090611.131653.529c2f93.en.html
 [1]
HENCE (probably) the reason why kite pilot wanted to
provide a "clue" as to his contact info, in the body of the message.
((apparently, in a form intended to "NOT" be very useful to a robot...))

Oh, wait a minute.  I just noticed that, at that "archive" URL, (see [1]),
his entire e-mail address (in a form suitable to be useful even to a robot)
appears, right in the "Author:" header, of the message.
   Is this due to a RECENT CHANGE?  Didn't our "lurker" software have a
policy (as of some very recent time) to always mangle e-mail addresses,
to be less convenient for spambot harvesting?
    Hmmm...
I think what it usually does, is, put the "name" in the archived message,
but
in some cases, (like this one), where the "e-mail address" does not "come
with" any [other] name,  apparently it just defaults the "name" to be, the
same as the "e-mail address".
    I suspect that (if this is true) (or, if something 'close' to this is
true), then
kite pilot might not have realized this (and, the implications).
   Until now...
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ