Phoenix LUG HackFest: New Location at the Foundation for Blind Children - 2nd Saturday Noon Every Month

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Thu Jun 11 16:18:02 MST 2009

PLUG Hackfests are 3 hour linux security labs from Noon to 15:00 on
the second Saturday of every month.  [Come prepared to learn about a
security tool and then start using it.]
Ethical, legal, social and historic aspects of computer security and
linux testing are covered as we safely investigate the strange world
of computer insecurity from our powerful Penguin perspectives in fine
OSI vantage layer up and down style.  Don't learn to hack; hack to
learn!

Network and other facilities generously provided by the Foundation for
Blind Children.
http://www.seeitourway.org/contactUs.html

The Foundation for Blind Children is located at 1224 Northern in Phoenix.
http://www.google.com/maps?q=1224+Northern,+Phoenix,+AZ%22
The entrance is via the North Door, (just follow the Desert Penguins
signs). Much thanks to Charles for all his assistance while at UAT and
now for volunteering his time and setting up the Foundation and PLUG
in symbiosis to make this training event a success.

Our June agenda is a loose lab for setting up equipment, answering
questions, and evaluating various computer security news items that
affect Linux, play with new tools together, while getting used to our
new facilities.  Feel free to bring your Notebooks, since initially we
will have only 3 desktops available for research.  Wireless is
available on our own isolated network, so we can be assured of
controlled festing and demonstrations.

All festers will sign our acceptable use agreement at the door which
protects the school and fellow festers while also establishing general
guidelines for contests and challenges during lab events.

Join us for a special Presentation NEXT Month (July) on
FreeIPA, an integrated security information management solution by
Presenter: Steven D Kaplan, MSCS, BSEE, CISSP of Waxman Associates, LLC

PLUG HackFests have an ongoing call for presentations.
--
www.obnosis.com (503)754-4452
"There is no place like 127.0.0.1" - Anon