my router hates me

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Wed Jun 10 17:55:50 MST 2009

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009, kitepilot at kitepilot.com wrote:

> Are you grabbing those IP addresses connected to the router?
> Hmmmmm..
> ET
>

> Robert Holtzman writes:
>
>> On Sun, 7 Jun 2009, kitepilot at kitepilot.com wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to know:
>>> The model of the router.
>>> The IP address you grab "wirelessly"   :)
>>> The IP address you grab over the wire.
>>> The Ip address you grab from the modem.
>>
>> The wired desktop's IP is 68.230.109.242
>> The wired laptop's IP is 68.230.47.148
>> Don't know how to get the modem's IP
>> The router as I said in a followup to my original post is a Linksys
>> WRT54GL running the latest Linksys firmware.

Sorry to be late with this reply. Things pile up on me sometimes.

It looks like I screwed up and was not connected to the router. When I
connected and ran ifconfig I got 192.168.1.101 for the laptop and
192.168.1.100 for the desktop, which looks right.

Still cannot connect with wireless even after resetting the router
(for the umpteenth time) and reconfiguring from scratch. The attempt
never gets past trying to validate. That's strange because when I
connect when wired and open up the configuration app there is no problem
with the password.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

--
Bob Holtzman
AF9D 8760 0CFA F95A 6C77  E125 BF90 580F 8D54 9279