monitor

mike havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 20:33:38 MST 2009

hey, cool... there is a 15 (?) pin jack in the back of the TV.  i suppose
that means I need to use that since there is an identical one on the laptop.
further, as a cable guy I learned that round jack has nothing to do with
video but rather it is the audio. Very cool. thanks for the help! there are
no vga  jacks in the laptop so while that would be easiest I can't do it
that way

you know, I thought that the round doo-dad might be the dvi so I googled
'dvi' and 'jpg' and found http://tiny.cc/FItPb and that looks sorta like it
with only the recepticles for the 15 pointy pins.... could I do a usb to
hdmi?

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:30 PM, Jon M. Hanson <jon at the-hansons-az.net>wrote:

> You'll have to be a little more specific. Does your flat screen have
> DVI and/or VGA inputs. Does your video card have S-video outputs?
> ---
> Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
> Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/drupal
> Jabber IM: jon at the-hansons-az.net
>

> On Jun 2, 2009, at 7:28 PM, mike havens wrote:
>
> > how do I turn my flat screen into a monitor?
> >
> > --