Zii?

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Fri Jul 31 22:41:47 MST 2009

Zii Egg device I presume you're talking about, Zii itself is the actual
processor platform.

It's custom integrated ARM chipset, custom video processing, custom
audio solution, basic wire/wireless/periphery connectivity.  Toss in
accelerometers and the like, and you have an oemable ipod competitor.
Android or their own Plaszma os(?) will provide the software api's to
write code around.  Underneath they are all linux goodness.

http://www.zii.com/Developer/SDKProducts.aspx

That should tell you most anything you need to know.  I did notice these
can do 1080p, so I can retract my comment about the ZuneHD - it can be
relegated back to microsoft fodder obscurity again.  I still think
creative should have build them with cell radio and peddle them as
phones, I'm sold already.

-mb