BAD kubuntu

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 17:55:58 MST 2009

And the developer zeal of KDE and the future sustainability of its
tech is much higher.  KDE is a desktop designed with the future in
mind, whereas GNOME is designed to introduce new users to GNU/Linux
and provide a simple, deathly easy to use desktop.

KDE has akonadi, nepomuk, strigi, plasma.... GNOME has a largely
Python based interface that has, in my experience seemed dull and
introductory at best, nothing like KDE. Ever since the first time I
used KDE (Knoppix livecd running 3.5.4(?)

On 7/31/09, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Ryan Rix<phrkonaleash at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 7/31/09, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>   I switched from Kubuntu to Ubuntu... Ubuntu is more solid.
>>>
>>>   -jmz
>>
>> I don't get that at all, from the
>> internal-x-won't-start-kernel-problem-ohnoes standpoint this thread is
>> about, given that kubuntu == ubuntu + apt-get install kubuntu-desktop.
>>
>> And for that matter, since the last time you probably tried was when
>> KDE4 was still in its use and thus NATURALLY less stable than GNOME.
>
>   I would think that Ubuntu will continue to be more stable than
> Kubuntu as the difference is user base is quite drastic.
>
>   -jmz
>

>> --
>> Thanks and best regards,
>> Ryan Rix