Microsoft Submits Code to Linux Kernel - Linus Responds

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at mesacc.edu
Thu Jul 30 20:35:47 MST 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 06:22 -0700, Lisa Kachold wrote:
> http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7439/1.html

It's worthwhile reading Bradly Kuhn's blog at the Software Freedom Law
Center.

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/blog/

>From Bradley's blog:

"Like all GPL violations . . ., it's left to the copyright holders of
the software to engage in enforcement. I think it's great that, . . .
the Linux developers used the most common enforcement strategy in the
GPL community — quietly contact the company, inform them of their
obligations, and help them in a friendly way into compliance. That
process almost always works, and the fact that Microsoft came into
compliance shows the value of our community's standard enforcement
practice."

dennisk

--
Learn Linux @ Mesa Community College