Politcal OT (beware!): ****Re: guess what....

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 09:58:24 MST 2009

On Thu 30 July 2009 9:32:57 am Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Craig White<craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 06:43 -0700, JD Austin wrote:
> >> I was waiting to see how long until racism was called :)
> >> It is a fact that illegal immigration is costing Az and Ca plenty and
> >> pointing that out doesn't make him hate filled or racist.  I don't
> >> blame them for coming here... If I were them I'd do it too.  We need
> >> to remove the 'free' incentives that we can no longer afford to
> >> provide.  They're not the only demographic freeloading services;
> >> plenty of Americans game the system (generations!) to get a free ride
> >> too.
> >
> > ----
> > first off, the topic of racism, state budgetary issues have no purpose
> > for this list
> >
> > secondly, this was blatant scapegoating...blaming the economic problems
> > on a particular issue - if you are not smart enough to deduce that the
> > issues the state is currently facing on budgetary shortfalls has nothing
> > to do with undocumented residents then there really isn't any point in a
> > debate on any other list as well and it obviously isn't worth debating
> > here. There's no reason whatsoever to debate the
> > worthiness/unworthiness, the reasons or the issues of Mexicans in this
> > country on this list.
> >
> > I didn't suggest racism...I suggested narrow political commentary being
> > offered as fact.
>
> "I find it offensive in every way that first JMZ linked the racist
> article and now you found it worthy to paste."  -you, about 3 posts ago
>
>   do you even think about what you're writing?
>
>   btw- I agree with JD.  Playing the 'racism' card in typical boomer
> fashion only serves to short-circuit a very important debate.  We need
> to examine our priorities here.  Were going to drastically cut
> education, even sell off the state senate building instead of cutting
> services to non-americans?  Hiding behind the ghost of Martin Luther
> King is not going to fix the problem.  Pretending this is not a
> problem may buy us a few years- let me guess... just long enough for
> Craig to ride out retirement?

There, I just had to take care of something.

Okay NOW feel free.

--
---
Ryan Rix

How should I know if it works?  That's what beta testers are for.  I
only coded it.
	-- Attributed to Linus Torvalds, somewhere in a posting

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://twitter.com/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#teensonlinux,#plugaz and
      countless other FOSS channels.