Is there an ntop virus for Linux?

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Jul 29 10:23:30 MST 2009

Ntop is definitely not (traditionally) a virus, but unless you do some
basic configuration, it typically doesn't even start as a service
(requires an admin password to start).  Maybe other distro's may be
different, but it's that way at least on ubuntu.

I'd say just apt-get|yum remove ntop if you really don't need/want it,
worst case simply disable the service.  Not much good unless you're
doing protocol analysis off a switch span port or are feeding it Netflow
data from an infrastructure switch or router.

-mb