ext? as fat or ntfs?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Jul 20 15:02:27 MST 2009

Am 20. Jul, 2009 schwätzte Bryan O'Neal so:

> Yes, but you would have to modify their project. I am going out on a limn
> here but I am guessing I am the only hard core windows admin on the list.

Possibly. In the end I think we need to find some other people to do this.
Maybe get the samba team interested by billing it as a live samba drive or
something.

> Lisa probably knows the internal security better then I and we may have a
> few programmers willing to work on it, but it is likely we can get "layered"
> fs driver without having admin access. You will have to use your own GUI to
> interact with the drive, not explorer, but it can be done.

Cool to hear that it's probably possible without admin privs even if it's
a pain.

> But, you have to ask what your target is. Will 70% or more of the users in
> question have access to admin level privileges?  If so why not just include
> the real FS drivers on a FAT16 partition?

I'm beginning to think we need to start off with something that requires
admin privs, but not a reboot.

After that we can work on a solution that doesn't require admin privs.

Thanks for the responses.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Fairy Tale, n.: A horror story to prepare children for the newspapers.