ext? as fat or ntfs?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Jul 20 14:18:39 MST 2009

Am 20. Jul, 2009 schwätzte Bryan O'Neal so:

> Downloading ltools clearly reviles "setup.exe" However, the tell tail
> information comes from the text file titled NoADMIN.txt where the first
> entry is
> How to run LTOOLS, if you are running on a non-admin account under Windows
> XP ?
>
> 1. Answer: It won't work, because ...
>
> ... if the admin doesn't trust you and does not give you his admin password,
> why
> should he let you fiddle with the harddisk?

> It goes on, but really it is just more of the same you can not do it. Their
> may be a way to modify their environment to make it run in a users
> non-privileged space for USB devices, since in theory thier is no reason you
> have to be admin on a windows box. (You can map user level hardware drivers
> as a non-privledged user, it is one of thier many security flaws, but you
> have to modify their projcet so it stays clear of system hardware and only
> interacts with user hardware, like the USB key)

We're explicitly talking about USB drives, so might there be a way to
access multtiple filesystems on a single USB drive without needing admin
access?

ciao,

der.hans
#  If determining good culture is left up to busybodies and politicians,
#  we will be left with culture fit only for busybodies and politicians.
#                                                -- Jeff Taylor, Reason