location for July 2009 "W Side" meeting

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Jul 20 00:50:56 MST 2009

Am 20. Jul, 2009 schwätzte Mike Schwartz so:

> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Mike Schwartz <schwartz at acm.org> wrote:
>
>> This is a new thread, to talk about the location for July 2009 "W Side"
>> meeting.
>>
>> I have "tentatively" reserved a room for July 22, 2009
>> ([resv.] hours = 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.)
>> at the same library that we used in for the June 2009 "W Side" meeting.
>>
>> If we want to cancel, then it has to be canceled >= 48 hours in advance.
>>
>> We can start at 7:00 if we want to, but the whole building closes up
>> at 9:00 pm.
>> They are fine with us reserving it starting at 6:00 pm,
>> even if we are not going to start then.
>>
>> Note:  different room
>> They put us in their "huge" room, because the "medium size" room was
>> already booked.
>> (I guess we can use 1/2 of it -- or 1/4).
>> (or -- do you think we could fill up the whole thing, if we flew in some
>> big name speaker?)
>> (it holds about 170 persons or so...)
>>
>> If there is some good reason (/slash, overwhelming consensus)
>> to use some other location, then we can cancel it; (but "see above"
>> about the "*48 hours* advance notice").
>> --
>> Mike Schwartz
>> Glendale  AZ
>> schwartz at acm.org
>> *
>> *
>> *BACKGROUND: *
>> [...snip...]
>> (hence),
>> This is a new thread, to talk about the location for July 2009 "W Side"
>> meeting.
>>

> OK,if there are any plans, to locate the July 22 2009 meeting somewhere
> "other than" the same building as we used for June 2009,

Nope. I even updated the meeting description :).

We also need it for next month if possible.

Does the huge room have a projector?

ciao,

der.hans
#  Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.
#  We grow old by deserting our ideals.
#  Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm
#  wrinkles the soul.  -- Samuel Ullman