Fedora rpmbuild direcories

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed Jul 15 14:33:29 MST 2009

Hey Eric,

On 7/15/09, Eric Shubert <ejs at shubes.net> wrote:
> Can anyone on the list help fill me in on exactly which FC version
> changed the rpmbuild directory from /usr/src/redhat/ to $HOME/rpmbuild/
> ?

I believe that FC4 changed /usr/fedora to /src/redhat.
When you import the kernel sources, you will then have a rpmbuild directory.

> I know that FC10 has $HOME/rpmbuild/, but am wondering about FC9, FC8,
> FC7, FC6.

Check your version against these installation instructions:

http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Main_Page#Installation

> If you're running a toaster on any of these versions, have you
> ever run qtp-newmodel successfully? (It will most definitely fail on
> versions that have changed). I'm wondering most about FC9 and FC8.

http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/QMail-Toaster:FAQ

I have not run it, but it looks really good.  If you post the failure
error message (or give me vpn account, I can certainly get her
working). This is a robust package.

> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> -Eric 'shubes'