Odd question on DNS/domain name stuff...

Bob Elzer bob.elzer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 19:49:47 MST 2009

What logs are you looking at ?  Is this Apache I assume ?

The IP address of the incoming connection should be in the log files

/var/log/httpd/access_log  (for centos)

Is he looking at a summarized log file maybe like webalizer ? I believe that
converts the ip's to their dns names.

So look in the raw log file.