Colleges that support Free Software?

Nadim Hoque nadimhoque at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 14:09:39 MST 2009

I don't think it really matters. The whole point of cs is to teach theory and algorithm design so it doesn't matter the os. I'm currently a cs at asu and thus far my professors don't really care about os just as long as you can develop the current language. The labs do teach development under windows but that's because everyone in class uses windows and not because they hate open source matter in fact many use linux or unix. If you do java than they don't care just as long as you have the jdk. Funny thing is that they use a linux server to check your program. Hope this helps