location for July 2009 "W Side" meeting

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Fri Jul 10 00:01:22 MST 2009

This is a new thread, to talk about the location for July 2009 "W Side"
meeting.

I have "tentatively" reserved a room for July 22, 2009
([resv.] hours = 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.)
at the same library that we used in for the June 2009 "W Side" meeting.

If we want to cancel, then it has to be canceled >= 48 hours in advance.

We can start at 7:00 if we want to, but the whole building closes up at 9:00
pm.
They are fine with us reserving it starting at 6:00 pm,
even if we are not going to start then.

Note:  different room
They put us in their "huge" room, because the "medium size" room was already
booked.
(I guess we can use 1/2 of it -- or 1/4).
(or -- do you think we could fill up the whole thing, if we flew in some
big name speaker?)
(it holds about 170 persons or so...)

If there is some good reason (/slash, overwhelming consensus)
to use some other location, then we can cancel it; (but "see above"
about the "*48 hours* advance notice").
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ
schwartz at acm.org
*
*
*BACKGROUND: *
Humorous anecdote / "relation"-ship to another thread:

> I was going to say... Strange date for a WSM. Even stranger location! :)

The above quote is from a message in another thread
(see
http://lists.plug.phoenix.az.us/lurker/message/20090709.213851.e5a9698a.en.html
 );
but I did not want any confusion, nor [quantum] entanglement
between these 2 threads, because that other thread, with some
E/W typo or "thinko", or whatever, is confusing enough already.  (to me, at
least).

(hence),