Google Chrome OS on Linux

Francis Earl francis.earl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 16:12:02 MST 2009

> And there, m'lad, is the difference between you and I: I think you are
> doing yourself an injustice by limiting your freedoms. I think you're doing
> yourself an injustice by relying on 3rd parties for everything, and have no
> freedom to adapt the software to your needs, no freedom to use the software
> as you please...

Thing is, why should your freedoms be any more important than the original
authors who has chosen not to open source his code? He has that right, and if
his product is superior to alternatives, why wouldn't you use it?

When open source and closed source options are equal, I will choose the open
software every time, but if that open source alternative is simply weaker, who
is really seeing the injustice?